Saturday, December 10, 2011

The week with the Recital


It was a great week here in the Nicholson house!  Lots of learning and some fun mixed in too! 

We had:  Two point paragraphs, and decimals too, don't forget the adverbs (how?, when?, where?), or adjectives (what kind? which one? how many?) definitely don't leave out the articles adjectives because they have the cutest jingle!  We are the articles adjectives, teeny, tiny adjectives A, AN, THE, A, AN, THE!  (sorry, it gets stuck in my head!)

We also got to play with a microscope this week!  A neighbor has one and we were able to borrow it.  We played with it for about 1.5 hours.  (I know you don't really "play" with a microscope.  Saying "play" just makes it sound fun and gets the kids attention.)

We started something new this week.  We are incorporating copywork into our daily work.  I thought that the kids would really grumble and moan about it (which is why we are just now starting instead of when I first read about it a few months back), but they are doing great with it.  They have even looked through some books to pick something they want to copy!

We had something big happen this week.  We had our first piano recital!  I am so proud of my kids!  They did great!  They were so nervous, but they did it.  After practicing their songs all day long on Tuesday we headed to the recital where they continued to practice on the big beautiful grand piano.  Nothing like seeing your kids sitting at a 150 year old piano that has real ivory keys and actually playing a song!





I also set up the Jesus Tree, and we have begun opening presents to hang on it.  I love that the kids enjoy doing it and they remind me that we need open something under it each night.  I love having a tradition to do every year that is worth so much more than making lists and opening presents.   






I am off to catch up on some of my other favorite blogs like Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers and the Hip Homeschool Moms.  I so love being able to see what other families are doing.  I always learn some great tips!

April
Bienvenido a Mi vida loca

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week. We had recitals this week, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Jumped over from WUHS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the recital. My daughter had an informal one this week too. I love hearing her play.

    Popping in from the Wrap-Up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful week. Good job on the piano recitals.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete