Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First week of school 2012

We survived!  Survived what? You may ask.  Or maybe you won't, but I'm gonna tell ya anyway. 

We conquered the first week of school!  There were only a few hiccups along the way.  For instance, the mom did a different lesson than was on the lesson plan. (by total accident, I started reading on the wrong page and did not realize it until I finished.  But hey, no harm no foul, right?)  

This year I'm working to create more personal accountability with assignments and in general more independence. Each kid has a binder and each week they have their own assignment sheets that list all their assignments for the week.



The boy did fairly well with the new organizational system of a weekly assignment list and a binder. The girl did surprising well with it too. She is not a list maker kind of girl, but really seemed to enjoy placing cute tiny stickers on the assignment list to show she had completed a task.    



For Science we talked about potential and kinetic energy.  A Civil War review was the History discussion for the week. English/grammar was all about prepositions and prepositional phrases.

In Math, the girl and I, started our journey together through a 4th grade textbook and the boy started his new year of Teaching Textbooks.  Along with Life Of Fred and some math fact review we had a good math week.  At least I think we did! I guess we will see this week if what they did last week really stuck in their heads.

The girl started All About Spelling this week.  I will write more about it as the weeks pass by and I have a better idea of how she's doing with it.

By the end of the week, my brain was mush.  Which was probably a good thing, because Saturday the house was full of squealing girls to celebrate my girl's 9th birthday.  She had a blast and  honestly I did too.  My brain already being mush probably helped with that!  Little girls are so funny!

All in all, a good first week to have in the books, and now we are ready for a second great week.

April
Bienvenido a Mi vida loca
Hip Homeschool Hop Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment